In many ways the COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world upside down. For us in the business of flavor, our primary concern has and will always be the health and safety of our patrons and staff. Re-opening our outdoor patio and dining room seating fills us with the hope and joy of returning to some semblance of normalcy. We've taken our normal health and safety measures to a new level since March, adapting and revising our plans according to CDC recommendations and local health department recommendations.
We want FSR to be your home away from home, where you feel safe to eat, drink and celebrate life's sugar coated moments. Even in a pandemic, life continues, and graduations, anniversaries, birthdays need not be forgotten. Service will look different but we continue to hold ourselves to the highest standard. We appreciate your understanding during this time and we look forward to serving you again. Below you will find a detailed list of the safety measures we have in place to protect our guests and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions.
For Our Staff
- Our staff members are required to stay home, seek testing and treatment if ill.
- Our staff members are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- Masks and gloves are to be worn by all kitchen staff members at all times.
- Gloves will be discarded at least every 30 minutes and replaced with a new pair.
- Gloves will be discarded and replaced at any opportunity of cross contamination.
- Our staff members are required to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- Our staff members are required to wash their hands every 30 minutes in addition to other necessary handwashing.
- The restaurant is not operating at full capacity, and tables are 6 feet apart.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the restaurant and hand washing is available in the restrooms.
For Our Guests
- We ask that all guests wear masks unless seated at the table.
- All restaurant patrons are required to have their temperature taken upon arrival.
- In accordance with the Shelby County Health Department's efforts at contract tracing, every patron will be required to provide their name and phone number.
- Guests and staff will also be asked a series of questions regarding their risk of
exposure including but not limited to:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Are you experiencing cough, shortness of breath or sore throat in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a fever or any tummy issues in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had a new loss of taste or smell?
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with these procedures.
- In order to maintain social distance between reservations and ensure adequate sanitation time, each reservation will be given a two hour experience time. If your party will need additional time, we ask that you communicate with us when booking your reservation.
- We will not be using physical menus, instead we will provide you with a QR code which will allow you to see the menu on your cell phone.
- Each table will be provided with a glass water pitcher. Servers will not refill water glasses in order to minimize their time at the table with guests.
- Due to the city wide curfew, the restaurant is required to close at 10:00 pm.
- The maximum capacity for an individual party is 6 people. This policy is in accordance with Mayor Lee Harris’s Health Order and Directive No. 9. We are happy to seat your party at multiple tables if necessary. We appreciate your understanding.